A mother has issued a warning to parents after her son contracted highly contagious measles - despite him being immunised twice for it.

Helen Spilsbury, 33, says that she first noticed an itch on her son Jack on Sunday evening and thought it was a heat rash.

But by Monday the Manchester schoolboy was covered with it and was scratching all over his body.

Manchester Evening News reports that after a visit to the chemist, staff initially thought the eight-year-old might have hand, food and mouth disease

However a trip to see the doctor on Tuesday confirmed that Jack had measles - and it was the worst case he had ever seen.

Helen was shocked because Jack has had both MMR jabs when he was younger - giving protection against measles, mumps and rubella.


Jack's measles were the 'worst the doctor had ever seen' (Image: MEN Media)


READ MORE

She said: "Even at the...